Late child pick-up procedure
We expect our parents to plan sufficient time to dress their child, collect the child’s clothes, artwork, speak to a staff (if necessary) and leave the centre by closing time (dependent on location). If the parent/guardian is aware that they are going to be late, they should call the Center to advise staff of this and of their plan to pick up their child/ren.You can make a reservation 24 hours in advance if you need to stay past our closing time. You can make it up until an hour after we close. Due to the operational and staffing costs, the rate for the time scheduled after hours goes up to $15/per hour. When a parent/guardian is late, a late fee will be charged. When a child is not picked up by closing time, staff will remain at the drop-in until the situation is resolved.
When the parent/guardian is late:
- Contact the parent/guardian at the numbers on the child’s file card
- If contact with parent/guardian is not established, call the emergency contact(s) on the child’s file card and make arrangements for the child to be picked up.
- Contact the Manager/Owner.
- In the event that the parents/guardians/emergency contact(s) are not available 30 minutes has passed beyond closing time, call the police. Under no circumstances is the staff to remove the children from the Center.
- If the parent/guardian is repetitively late, staff will notify the manager who will meet with the parents/guardians regarding the situation and the family may be put on probation.
The late fee schedule is as follows:
- For the 1st hour past closing time. the fee for the first time late is $1.00 per minute.
- After the 1st hour or the second time late is $3.00 per minute and any time late after that in a 30 calendar day period, the rate will be $3.00 per minute.
- If late five times in any five-week period the family faces removal from the center.
- The clock at Dino Drop-In is the time used to determine the late payment. Late fees are due at pick up.
- After the 30 minutes, if we have not heard from you or we have not been able to reach you or your emergency contacts, we will inform the police.
- A note of this will be kept in your child’s file.